Updated on September 2nd 2020
What Information Do We Collect from You?
We collect different types of personal information, depending on the way you use our website:
1. You can access our website anonymously without logging in or purchasing a subscription, in which case we will not ask you to provide us with any personal information.
2. When you sign up for a free subscription and become a member of our website, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information in order to create your account and enable you to use our website. This information will include, for example, your name and email address.
3. When you decide to purchase a subscription, we will direct you to third party ecommerce for purchase.
We also may collect some inferred data which is generated when you log in to our website (either as a free or paid subscriber). This includes, for example, your IP address, the type of device you use to log in to our website, your browser type, and operating system.
For How Long Do We Keep this Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as you continue to be a subscribed user on our application and website, and until you indicate that you no longer wish to continue to use our website.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
The information we collect will only be used in the following ways:
1. To process transactions: The main reason we ask for the above-mentioned personal information is in order to process the transaction conducted with you; i.e. to provide you with the purchased product or the service that you requested from us.
2. To send you information and updates if, upon registration with us, you explicitly approved our sending periodic emails to the email address you provided us with. These emails will contain information and updates pertaining to your subscription, and related to the services we provide you with
3. To improve our website: We continuously strive to improve the Ask4key website features based on the information and feedback we receive from you, including relevant solution pages, showcase pages, etc.
Even if you consented to receiving our periodic emails, you can at any time opt out of receiving these emails by either:
1. Clicking the “Manage your communication & personalization settings” link which appears at the bottom of every email to edit your settings.
2. In your account: access the Communication Settings Center and opt out of receiving any such periodic emails from us.
We also use the personal information you provide us with – when signing up and when using our website – for the purpose of personalization. We collect your personal information and analyze it in order to better understand your preferences and needs. For example: based on your city description, we can match use cases and tutorials relevant to your field, and also refrain from sending you materials we think will not interest you.
You do not have to agree to the use of your personal information for personalization and at any time you can opt out of such personalization via email to [email protected]
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter or submit any personal details to Ask4key.
Ask4key uses a secure server. All sensitive information, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and then encrypted into our database, which is only accessible to those authorized with special access to each system. All personnel are dealing with database are required by law to keep confidential all information on our systems. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm and all in accordance with our data breach response plan.
Cookies are small files that our website transfers to your computer, enabling Ask4key to recognize your browser and remember certain information about your browser and your login information (for example: what type of browser you used to log in to our website, the date and time you logged in to our website, your preferred browser language, etc.).
We store such cookies for a period of 14 days, after which such cookies are deleted.
In addition, we contract third party service providers to assist us in gaining a better understanding of the way users visit and use our website. We do this through the use of such third party service providers’ cookies, which are placed on your browser when you log in to our website. Such providers can then analyze the data included in such cookies to provide us with valuable insights, such as the average number of visitors to the website or the preferred browser language of most users.
Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for a guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
Do We Disclose Any of Your Personal Information to Outside Parties?
Other Forms of Disclosure
In certain circumstances, we may also disclose your personal information to outside parties. This could happen if:
1. We believe that, under the specific circumstances, releasing such personal information will be appropriate in order to comply with any European Union or Member State law applicable to us;
2. We want to protect our legitimate interest and in order to do so we would need to disclose your personal information, and only after we made sure that we cannot protect our interest without disclosing your personal information;
3. We need to protect your or another individual’s vital interests.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, and at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies and should be researched independently by anyone wishing to use their services. Although we are not responsible for the content and activities of such third party websites, we do seek to protect the integrity of our website, and would thus welcome your feedback regarding such websites if you have any concerns you wish to share with us.
1. We will send a notification to the email address you provided us with upon registration. In this notification, the new proposed changes will be explained so that you may provide us with your consent;
2. Following the email notification, we will ask you to provide your consent to the new changes when you next log in to our website.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you believe that your right to data protection and privacy has been infringed by us in any way, you may contact the relevant supervisory authority in your place of residence.
Right to Access
You may ask for a copy of your personal information held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact us at [email protected] and we shall provide you with an electronic copy of your personal information as soon as practicable and after we are able to verify the validity of your request and your identity. We will not be able to provide you with such access if this would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, or where the collation and presentation of such data would involve disproportionate cost to Ask4key.
Should you require any additional copies, we may charge you a fee which shall not exceed the cost for generating copies.
Based on your request, we shall also provide you with the following information:
1. The types of personal data concerned;
2. The entities or individuals with whom we shared your personal information and whether they are located in countries outside of the European Union;
3. The duration of time we keep your personal information. If that is not possible, the criteria used to determine such a period.
Right to Be Forgotten/Erasure
If you decide that you no longer wish to be a member of our website and would like us to delete all of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
We will not be able to delete your personal information if it is required:
1. For the fulfillment of any contractual obligations we may have to you;
2. For the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
3. In order to comply with a legal obligation required from us by European Union law or the law of the Member State of the European Union in which we operate;
4. For reasons of public interest;
5. For the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Please be advised that following such deletion we will not be able to provide you with our services, and should you wish to rejoin our website you will need to complete a new registration process.